If you're looking for a dependable backup power source, an inverter generator is an excellent option. These generators draw power from a DC source, such as a car battery or a solar panel, and then convert that power to AC power, providing electricity. Because there are many options on the market, you'll want to seek out the best inverter generator reviews. That way, you'll have a clearer picture of what you should buy.
1. Champion 3100-Watt Inverter Generator
This generator may be powerful, but it's also lightweight and portable. Although the 1.6-gallon fuel tank is on the smaller side, this is still a reliable power source. When the load is at 25%, this can provide an impressive eight hours of power. With a 58 dBA engine, you'll also find that this is a very quiet power source.
When the electrical load is reduced, this generator switches over to fuel economy mode, which saves engine water and reduces fuel usage. You can reset the circuit breakers of the generator with a simple push, and you can easily carry around the generator with its handle. If it needs to be charged, you can use the 12v battery charging cables.
Because this generator comes with a wheel kit, it's easy to transport. It produces clean power, which means it can be used with sensitive electronics. Best of all, it's both EPA certified and CARB compliant. This is a truly dependable generator with a very reasonable price tag.
Comes with a 3-year limited warranty and lifetime technical support
Powerful generator that can easily power RVs and travel trailers
Very easy to start
Lightweight when compared to other generators of this size
Oil is easy to change
Some users report issues at higher altitudes
Fuel tank is fairly small
2. Westinghouse iGen2200 Inverter Generator
This generator provide 2,200 peak watts and 1,800 rated watts of power. While it's clearly a powerful generator, it isn't overly heavy. In fact, it weighs less than 50 pounds, making it a highly portable option. It's also a very quiet choice, with an output as low as 52 dBA.
Even though the fuel tank is only 1.2 gallons, this can provide up to 12 hours of power. It has a built-in efficiency mode, which means you can maximize your fuel usage. It is parallel compatible when it's used with the Westinghouse parallel cord.
The power this produces is clean and stable, which means it can safely be used with sensitive electronics. The eco-friendly inverter technology this uses makes it a more efficient option than many other generators on the market. Because it has an ultra-low tone, it's also a community-friendly option.
- Backed by a three-year warranty and lifetime technical support
- Offers overload protection
- Automatically shuts down when fuel levels are low
- Weighs less than 50 pounds
- Has a powerful 4-Stroke OHV engine
- Parallel cord is sold separately
- Some users have reported issues when shutting this generator off
3. WEN 56200i 2000W Inverter Generator
This versatile generator is a reliable source of clean energy. It's designed to be extremely quiet; you can easily hear the television or people speaking when the generator is in use. The generator is also designed to be environmentally friendly. The fuel consumption is adjusted automatically, which means you won't consume any more gasoline than you have to.
The fuel tank on this generator is just one gallon, which means it's on the smaller side. Although the fuel tank isn't all that larger, the device can still provide nearly nine hours of power. It has a running wattage of 1,600 watts and a surge wattage of 2,000 watts.
This is a lightweight generator that comes equipped with a handle, which makes it easy to carry around. Because this produces clean power, it's safe to use with electronic devices. Indication lights allow you to see if your oil level is low or if you're about the overload your generator.
- Backed by a 2-year warranty
- Customer service helpline provides high-quality support
- Designed to limit harmonic distortion
- Can be connected to other generators with a parallel connection kit
- Indicator lights make it easy to monitor the generator
- Doesn't offer wheels, making it less portable than similar generators
- Some users report that pouring oil in the tank can be challenging
4. A-iPower SUA2000iV Inverter Generator
This efficient generator offers 1,600 running watts and 2,000 peak watts. The noise level caps out at 58 decibels, making it an extremely quiet option. It also provides clean power, which means it can be used to charge all of your electronic devices.
The powerful 79cc engine behind this generator makes it suitable for a wide range of applications. Even though this generator really packs a punch, it weighs just 46 pounds, which makes it extremely easy to carry around. The generator has a built-in fuel gauge, which means it's easy to see when it's time to refuel.
This device features low-idle technology, which means it won't use more gas than it needs to. It's also EPA and CARB compliant, which means it can be used anywhere in the United States. If you're looking for a portable inverter generator that you can really count on, you'll be pleased with this device.
- Excellent customer service
- One of the quietest generators on the market
- Very easy to use
- Compatible with Yamaha engine parts
- Can be run parallel with other generators
- Some users report that it can be hard to start for the first time
- Can't be used in higher altitudes
5. Generac GP3000i Inverter Generator
This generator, which utilizes PowerRush technology, has a higher starting capacity than many generators on the market. It takes advantage of quiet inverter power, allowing it to deliver an excellent performance without making a lot of noise. It is compatible with USB outlets and is parallel ready.
Even though this device delivers 3,000 watts of starting power, it's still extremely compact. Truepower technology allows it to provide clean power, which means it can safely be used to charge all of your sensitive electronics. Since it has 2 USB slots, charging phones is a breeze.
Because the device has a power dial, it's incredibly easy to turn the generator on and off. It's able to power a number of things at once, including devices that consume a great deal of power, like air conditioners. It's lightweight and, thanks to its handle, it's also very easy to maneuver.
- Light indicators show when the generator is nearing maximum load
- Provides cleaner power than a standard generator
- Can power refrigerators, air conditioners, and other appliances that consume a lot of power
- Compact and lightweight
- Extremely quiet
- Can't be used with ethanol gas
- May not be able to power some appliances in eco-mode
6. Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel Inverter Generator
If you'd like the option of using propane or gasoline, this generator is the ideal choice for you. This dual fuel generator is more versatile than many similar products on the market. Thanks to the 3-position ignition switch, this device also offers an electric start.
This is a powerful generator, offering 3,400 watts of power. In spite of this, it's very quiet, with a volume of 59 dBA. When running on gasoline, it can provide power for up to 7.5 hours before you'll need to refuel. It's a highly versatile generator that has a range of outlets, including a 12v DC outlet that includes a dual USB adapter.
When the generator is in economy mode, it will use less fuel and prolong engine life. The generator is also quieter when switched over to this operating mode. The generator weighs less than 99 pounds and comes with a wheel kit, which makes it very easy to support.
- Backed by a 3-year limited warranty
- Free lifetime technical support
- Thanks to the quick touch panel, all controls are located in the same area
- Can be used with gas or propane
- Includes a cast iron sleeve for durability
- Some assembly is required
- Can't be run from the bed of a pickup truck
7. POWERSMITH PGA2200i Inverter Generator
This gas-powered generator is highly compact and equipped with wheels, making it very easy to transport. It can run for up to 10 hours at a 25% load and for 6 hours at a 50% load. It's equipped with a variety of outlets, including 120-volt AC outlets and USB ports. It's a versatile generator that can easily meet your needs.
The generator delivers 1,700 running watts and 2,200 surge watts, which means it can power many types of appliances. It also delivers clean power, which means it won't damage sensitive electronics when they're being charged. It offers a number of safety features, including overload protection.
It's easy to monitor this device thanks to the digital dashboard display. The LED light indicators will allow you to see when the generator is ready to use or when it's low on oil. The generator also has automatic idle fuel-saving technology, allowing you to limit your fuel consumption.
- Offers parallel connection functionality
- Starts with a single pull
- Versatile and can be used in a variety of situations
- Quiet generator that burns fuel cleanly
- Wheels make this device easy to transport
- Some users report issues with the side shield
- Some accessories must be purchased separately
8. Honda EU2200i Inverter Generator
Even though this generator is on the expensive side, it's one of the most popular generators on the market. It operates between 48 to 57 dBA, making it one of the quietest generators available. While this may be a quiet device, it's not lacking in power. This 2,200-watt generator can provide between 4 and 10 hours of power on a single load.
This generator was designed for excellent airflow. Because of the excellent ventilation, you're less likely to have issues with this device running hot. It also features a fuel shut-off valve, which allows the engine to run when the fuel supply is off. If you've had issues with stale fuel in the past, this generator may be able to prevent them.
This is a highly efficient generator that is able to provide 10% more power than similar options on the market. Since this is a Honda product, it's also a highly reliable option. Consumers know that the Honda brand is one that they can trust.
- Large spout makes this easy to clean
- Honda offers excellent customer services
- Color-coded startup points make starting the generator easy
- Can run powerful appliances without an issue
- Equipped with numerous safety features
- May not start if ethanol gas is left in the generator
- It's necessary to use a funnel when fueling the generator
9. Briggs & Stratton 30675 Inverter Generator
If you're in the market for a high-power generator that's also fairly compact, this is a stellar choice. This generator provides 6,500 starting watts of power, making it a highly efficient choice. Even though this is very powerful, it's also surprisingly portable. Thanks to its wheels, the generator is easy to move around.
This generator utilizes uses specialized QuietPower Series inverter technology, making it much quieter than other generators of this size. It's also equipped with a noise-reducing shell. This makes it 60% quieter than a typical generator.
Because this generator is equipped with many different outlets, it can be used to power a variety of appliances. When it's operated at a 25% load, it can deliver up to 14 hours of power. It also comes with a 5-gallon fuel tank, which means you won't have to spend too much time fueling your generator. The generator is also easy to monitor, which means you can always see when fuel is needed.
- Backed by a 2-year warranty
- Designed to be fuel-efficient
- Telescoping luggage handle
- Can power many different electronics at the same time
- Features a sturdy all-steel frame
- Can't be shipped to California
- Requires regular upkeep
10. Pulsar G2319N Inverter Generator
This generator has a compact design that's similar to a suitcase. It weighs less than 47 pounds and includes a handle, which makes it easy to carry around. It delivers 2,300 peak watts and 1,800 running watts. Even though the fuel tank only holds 1.8 gallons, it can provide nearly 6 hours of power at half load.
Thanks to the control center, it'll always be easy for you to find the controls you're looking for. You'll find an oil warning display, an operation indicator, and an overload indicator. You'll also find an economy switch and an AC circuit breaker.
When you purchase the generator, you'll receive a number of essential accessories, including an oil bottle and funnel, a spark plug wrench, and a 12v charging cable. Other accessories, like a parallel kit, will need to be purchased separately. From the moment you take this generator out of the box, you'll be able to use it for a variety of tasks. It's an extremely versatile generator that comes with almost everything that you need.
- It's easy to increase power output with an adaptor
- Uses quiet inverter technology
- Provides clean sine wave power
- Comes with a remote start key fob
- Extremely affordable
- Users report that this generator needs to be broken in
- Although this generator is quiet, it can be louder at higher loads
11. Tacklife Portable Inverter Generator
This generator is both energy-efficient and powerful. It delivers 2,250 surge watts and 1,800 rated watts of power, delivering up to eight hours of power when you're running the generator at full capacity. It also offers multiple outlet ports, which means it can be used to charge and power many different devices.
Because this generator is just 39.6 pounds, it's extremely portable. The handle is made of a soft plastic, which makes it easy to carry around. If you're searching for a mobile power supply, this is an excellent option. Thanks to its clean design, you won't have to worry about the generator being damaged when it's being carried around.
The generator has a protective cover, which can prevent issues with dust. The cover can also block out noise, making this device extremely quiet. It has a volume of just 53 dB, which means you shouldn't have issues with noise. Because of the built-in grounding connection, it's also a safe source of power.
- Versatile panel includes manner different outlets
- Has minimal harmonic distortion
- AC reset button allows you to reset the generator when overloaded
- Status lights make the generator easy to monitor
- Has a fuel-saving eco-mode switch
- Less powerful than larger generators
- Users may have issues if they use ethanol gas
12. Kyng Solar Inverter Generator
If you want to take advantage of inverter generator technology, but you're also interested in solar power, this generator is a terrific option. It can be charged in three different ways. You can connect it to an outlet in your home, it can be charged via solar power, and you can even charge it in your car.
This generator is compact and extremely lightweight, weighing in at just 8.3 lbs. Thanks to its handle, it's also easy to carry around. Although this generator may be small in size, it's a highly efficient power source. The 500-watt generator can charge laptops, smartphones, and even car fridges.
The unit is designed to optimize the user experience. The cooling fan won't turn on it the AC output is below 150W of power. It's also incredibly quiet, which means you can use this generator while you sleep. Since the generator has four temperature probes, the battery is well protected. This is a small but reliable generator that you'll be able to rely on.
- Has inverted input protection function
- With numerous charging options, you'll always have access to power
- Can power CPAP machines
- Has 4 USB and 3 AC outlets
- Equipped with surge protection
- Solar panel is sold separately
- Can take a long time to chargea
13. Ford FG2200iS Silent Series Inverter Generator
As the name implies, this generator is virtually silent. It has a sound output of 59 dB, which means it's essentially silent when you're just 10 feet away. It provides pure, safe power, which means it can be used to charge sensitive devices. It's also equipped with a 5V USB outlet.
The unit is equipped with a variety of outlets, and it's powerful enough to charge multiple devices at once. The generator is also parallel ready, which means you can easily run two generators in tandem. When used on its own, it can provide up to eight hours of continuous power. When the generator is fully fueled, it can provide a full night of power.
If you'd like to reduce your fuel consumption, you can simply flip on the economy switch. It also includes an oil warning display, which means it's easy to monitor your generator. Thanks to the choke switch, it's also easy to turn the generator on and off again. This is a dependable, user-friendly generator that you'll be able to use in a variety of situations.
- Can be used to synthetic oil
- Comes with a detailed instruction book
- Easy to setup
- Reliable and quiet source of power
- Backed by a limited warranty
- You may have issues if you don't monitor the oil levels
- Can be difficult to find the serial number
There are many excellent inverter generators on the market, which means it should be easy for you to find a device that works for you. If you take a look at these inverter generator reviews, you should be able to find a solution that meets your needs. From portable and budget-friendly generators to more powerful options, you should be able to find a reliable source of emergency power.