When it comes to generators, Pulsar is widely known as one of the most reliable brands in this industry. The company is known for making a huge variety of the generators even though its portable generators are the most popular. In this blog post, we are going to discuss the Pulsar brand and some of its most popular generators. Pulsar generators are known for their performance and reliability. Here is a quick review of some of the most popular generators made by this company.
Pulse Generators – Manufacturing
These days, many people wonder where the products are actually manufactured. In many cases, companies in the US only focus on marketing and selling but the actual manufacturing takes place in some other country. However, this is not the case with Pulsar. The company is headquartered in Ontario, California. The good news is that all the generators made by the company are also manufactured in the US.
The headquarters of the company also act as distribution center for the West region. There is another distribution center maintained by the company which acts as a central distribution center and it is located in Cary, Illinois.
Pulsar Generator Reviews
1. Pulsar PG5250B Dual Fuel Portable Generator Review
This generator is powered by a 224 cc, 4 stroke engine which is air-cooled. The engine is protected by a durable powder coated steel frame. It has a fuel tank of 4 gallon which means you can expect to get up to 12 hours of continuous power at half load when you are running it on gasoline. It is a dual fuel generator and you can run it on LPG as well as on gasoline. On gasoline, you'll get a peak power of 4750 W whereas with LPG will generate peak power of 3850 W.
It comes equipped with the switch and go technology which means there is seamless transition between gasoline and LPG fuel sources even when the generator is in operation.
There is a 3 in one digital meter that gives a lot of useful information. Along with this digital meter, there is a low oil indicator. The low oil shutdown feature keeps the generator safe.
Overall, it's a powerful generator and it is highly recommended for someone who wants a powerful portable generator with dual fuel feature.
It is a portable generator which means you can easily move it from one place to another.
It is a dual fuel generator and there is a seamless transition between LPG and gasoline.
The generator is enclosed by a powder coated steel frame which keeps it safe.
It features only 2 120V AC outlets whereas you get a total of 4 120V AC outlets with the other models such as the 7750, 10,000 and the 12,000 model.
Pulse 2200 W generator
It is one of the most popular models made by the company. It is a portable generator that is specifically designed for camping, hunting, tailgating, fishing as well as other outdoor recreational activities.
The best thing about this generator is that it does not weigh much at 60 pounds. In short, you won't have any problems bringing this generator with you. The peak output of the generator is 2200 W and you can use it to get power for 12 hours continuously. Also, it is really a relatively quiet at just 66 dB.
Pulsar G10KBN Generator
It is another powerful model made by the company with rated power of 10,000 W. It is also a dual fuel generator, and you can use both gasoline as well as LPG.
With this powerful generator, you can expect to have power for up to 12 hours at half load. In addition, it also comes with the usual features synonymous with Pulsar generators such as never flat wheels, top-down handles, automatic voltage regulation, low oil shut-off and you also get the 3 in 1 digital meter with this generator.
Pulse Generator 3500 Review
The PG3500M generator made by the company is equipped with 7 HP durable engine. The company calls it dura-life engine which provides 3500 W of peak power when operating at only 67% of its capacity. With this engine, you get up to 15 hours of power with just 4 gallons of gasoline. It also enhances the service life of the generator and you enjoy a quieter operation.
Another thing you'll notice about this powerful generator is its compact and lightweight design which means you will never have problems bringing this generator with you for any outdoor activities you like to enjoy.
Pulsar PG10000B16 Generator Review
This particular model is a dual fuel generator and is known as one of the best 10,000 W generators made by the company. You can use gasoline or liquid propane to run the generator. Switching from LPG to gasoline is extremely easy and the switchover happens at just the touch of a button.
Other powerful features include no flat tires and coated steel frame that keeps this portable generator safe and enhances its service life. It is a highly durable generator that is well liked by buyers.
Pulsar 2000 W Generators
If you want a generator from this company with slightly lower power output, this is the model you need to consider.
The most beautiful thing about this generator is its small and compact design. However, there is absolutely no compromise on performance. With this generator, you will get a peak output of 2000 W for a total of up to 12 hours.
Due to its compact design and light weight, it will be a delight for you to bring it along for outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, camping or other such activities. It is also extremely quiet at just 66 dB which means you won't even feel the generator running.
Pulse 1200 W Generator
If you are looking for a handy power generator that is capable of powering small appliances around the house, this is the model you want. You get 1200 W peak power with this generator. It is highly fuel-efficient as you will get up to 9 hours of peak power with just 1.2 gallons of fuel. Most buyers love it for its efficiency and low noise levels.
With this generator, you get only 65 dB of noise at peak output.
Pulse Generators – Reliability
When it comes to power generators, the least you expect is reliability. After all, you're going to need a generator when there is no other power source available and when you spend so much money, you expect the generator to pump out power immediately.
This is where Pulsar generators shine as all the generators made by the company are known for their reliability. In addition, you also get a lot of new-age features in various models.
You don't need to worry about the service life of your Pulsar generator as you get a warranty for all the models made by the company.
Pulsar G2319N Generator Review
If you want a portable generator capable of generating enough power to charge multiple devices, this is the model you want. The first thing you'll notice about this generator is its light weight and compact design as it weighs only 47 pounds. Its compact design and low weight means you can take it out with you when you're enjoying outdoor activities.
This generator is powered by an OHV engine which gives a peak output of 2300 W and you get around 1800 W of running power. You also have the option of running multiple generators at the same time to double your power output. In short, you can combine two generators to replace a bigger or bulky generator.
With this generator, you'll get enough power to charge your tablets, laptops, phones as well as other electronic devices you would like to use.
It produces just 59 dB of noise which is incredible as a refrigerator operates at around 50 dB of noise. You won't even know it's there when it's just 10 feet away from you.
It has a compact and lightweight design which makes it easy to transport and carry around.
At half load, you will get up to 6 hours of operation with the generator.
You get a digital meter which shows a lot of useful information. There are also an overload indicator.
You get to two 120 V AC outlets with this. There is also a 12 V cigarette outlet in this generator. In addition, you also get a direct USB port which means you can plug in your laptop, tablet or phone directly to the generator for charging.
- It's a reliable generator that’s also economical.
- You get super quiet operation and you won't even notice it's there.
- It has a beautiful compact and durable design.
- When it comes to maintenance and repairs, you might find it a bit difficult to clean and replace the parts.
If you are after a generator designed to quickly charge all your electronic devices, this is the generator you want. It is extremely quiet and extremely effective. You get up to 6 hours of operation at half load which means you do not need to worry about charging your devices when you are far away from a reliable power source. It's a great generator for outdoor activities such as camping or hunting or fishing.
2. Pulsar 12,000 W Portable Generator
If you are after one generator to rule them all, this is the one you want. This is a generator that will keep the party going. You do not need to worry about losing power in the middle of your party with this generator. With 12,000 W at your fingertips, you will have all the fun you want.
When you are running a 12,000 W generator, the last thing you want is it running out of fuel. The company has considered your requirements and has included a huge fuel tank with this generator. Even when it is running at peak capacity, you will get up to 12 hours of operation with this generator.
Another thing you will notice about this generator is how easy it is to start. There is an electric push start button and you just need to press it to start the generator.
It also comes equipped with drop-down handles which means it is easy for you to move it from one place to another.
It is a powerful generator with 12,000 W of power at your fingertips. It will keep your party going and run all the major household appliances at one go. You do not need to worry about losing power at any time as this generator is capable of powering everything you have at home and then some. Also, it is a reliable and durable power generator which is going to last a long time.
- You get to use multiple fuels with the generator and you're never dependent on one particular fuel.
- It generates enough power to power any major household appliance quickly.
- Its design makes it easy to store.
- With 12,000 W of portable power at your hands, it will keep your party going.
- I tried to find some shortcomings/cons in this generator but couldn't. It generates a lot of power and it does that quickly. Also, its compact design makes it easy to use and store.
Pulsar 2200 W Portable Inverter Generator
The first thing you'll notice about this portable power generator is its compact and beautiful design. It is lightweight and is ideal for tailgating, camping as well as other outdoor educational activities. You get a direct USB port in the generator to charge all your devices.
- It's a dual fuel generator and you can use both LPG and gasoline to run it.
- It is powered by 80 cc, OHV, 4 stroke engine which is air cooled.
- It comes equipped with inverter technology which means you can use multiple units to get as much power as you want.
- It is extremely quiet as it generates maximum noise levels of 60 dB.
- Its portable and compact design also comes equipped with a carrying handle allowing you to move it easily from one place to another.
- On a single tank of gasoline, you can get up to 8 hours of runtime at half load.
- It has a low oil indicator and there is a low oil shutdown feature which enhances the service life of this generator.
- It generates stable sine wave power which means you can use it to power any sensitive electronic equipment without worrying about its safety.
To conclude, this portable inverter generator operates so quietly that you won't even know it's there. You get a lot of power and with its inverter technology, you can combine multiple units to get all the power you need. It is compact and its lightweight design makes it easy to carry around.
If you have been searching for a safe and reliable portable power generator, this is the model you want.
- It is extremely quiet with maximum noise levels of only 60 dB.
- It comes equipped with inverter technology that allows you to join multiple units in parallel to get as much power as you want.
- It's compact and lightweight design makes it portable and it also comes equipped with a carrying handle.
- Some might find it difficult to start the generator on propane fuel.
Pulsar 10,000 W Portable Generator Review
If you are looking for a powerful portable generator that is capable of generating 10,000 W of peak power, this is the model you have been waiting for. With all the other features for which Pulsar generators are known, you get 10 kW of power to run all the appliances you want for many hours.
It is a dual fuel generator which means you can run it on LPG as well as gasoline. Also, the transition between different fuels is seamless and you do not need to worry about switching.
You get up to 12 hours of power generation with this powerful portable generator.
It has a long service life and the generator is protected by a powder coated steel frame.
If you are looking for a powerful generator that is capable of generating up to 10,000 W of peak power, this is the model you want. With this generator, you get dual fuel option of LPG and gasoline, and you get up to 12 hours of continuous operation without any issues. It is reliable and has a long service life.
- It comes equipped with electric push start which means you just need to push a button to start the generator.
- It starts quickly and start generating power in no time.
- It is powered by a 420 cc, 4 stroke, OHV engine that is protected by a durable steel frame.
- You get a 6.6 gallon fuel tank to allow up to 12 hours of continuous operation.
- It comes equipped with switch and go technology that allows seamless transition between different fuels.
- Sometimes, the electric start might not work but there is a backup recoil start allowing you complete peace of mind.
Pulsar PG3250 Portable Gas Powered Generator
It is a portable generator that is capable of generating 3250 W of peak power and 2500 W of running power. It is powered by a 4 stroke, OHV, single cylinder, air cooled engine. With this generator, you get a 4 gallon fuel tank which means it will continue operating for up to 12 hours at half load. You also get two outlets of 120 V as well as one single outlet of 12 V DC power allowing you to have enough power for your power tools as well as all the other devices.
- It is capable of providing power for up to 12 hours at half load.
- The generator is protected by a heavy duty steel frame.
- You get two 120 V outlets along with one 12 V DC outlet.
- It comes equipped with recoil start.
- You also get a low oil indicator in this model.
- There is a 4 gallons fuel which is big enough to keep it running for up to 12 hours.
- You get up to 2500 W of running power with this generator.
- The engine is air cooled which allows it to run continuously without any issues for many hours.
- It comes equipped with a 4 gallons fuel tank.
- It is protected by a heavy duty steel frame that offers extra strong support.
- The generator comes equipped with circuit breakers that increase its safety. In case there is a problem, the circuit breakers will cut off the power and prevent any damage to the generator as well as appliances in your home.
- It is made of high quality materials.
- It comes equipped with recoil start which means you won't have any problems in starting this generator.
- There is a low oil indicator.
Overall, if you are looking for a reliable portable generator that is capable of powering most of your devices, this is the model you want. You can use it to power multiple small gadgets simultaneously or a bigger appliance. It is also an ideal companion for any outdoor activities.
- It is made of high quality materials.
- It comes with 4 gallon fuel tank.
- You can keep it running for up to 12 hours of continuous operation at half load.
- You get multiple outlets with this generator.
- It is not as lightweight as some would prefer.
- It does not come with the electric start button which is available in other models.a
Pulsar PG1202S portable generator
It's a gas powered generator that is capable of generating 1200 W of peak power and 900 W of running power. It is powered by a 2 stroke, single cylinder engine. It comes equipped with recoil start and has a compact and durable design making it the ideal companion for camping as well as any other outdoor recreational activities.
You get a 1.1 gallon fuel tank with this generator which means you can run it to get up to 5 hours of power at half load. It also comes equipped with 2 outlets of 120 V as well as one outlet of 12 V DC power allowing you enough flexibility to power all your tools and devices.
- It is powered by a one cylinder, 2 stroke engine.
- It is easy to start with recoil start.
- You get 1200 W of peak power and 900 W of running power.
- It comes equipped with a carrying handle that makes it easy to move.
- You get a one-year limited warranty with this model.
- The 1.1 gallon tank provides enough fuel to provide power for up to 5 hours on half load.
Overall, it's a value for money portable generator that offers the convenience and reliability you expect from a Pulsar generator. When it comes to competition, I would rate it above average, especially due to its attractive pricing. It is the perfect choice for someone looking for a portable and lightweight generator.
- It is comparatively lightweight at just 35 pounds.
- It has a compact design and smooth operation.
- It is extremely easy to carry around.
- It generates enough power for your basic equipment.
- It is an ideal companion for outdoor recreational activities such as camping as well as fishing.
- Some people might find it noisy.
- Generally it takes 3 to 5 tries to start the generator.
Pulsar Dual Fuel Inverter Generator
It is an inverter generator that is powered by a 80 cc, 4 stroke, single cylinder, air cooled, OHV engine. It comes equipped with inverter technology and parallel capability which means you can join multiple units to get as much power as you want. It is capable of generating 2200 W of peak power as well as 1800 W of learning power. Since it's a dual fuel generator, you can run it on both propane as well as gasoline.
In terms of outlets, you get two outlets of 120 V as well as one USB outlet along with parallel sockets. It produces stable sine wave which means you can use it to power your sensitive electronics equipment. It comes equipped with a compact carrying case and the fuel tank has a capacity of 1.18 gallons. You get 8 hours of run time on full fuel tank.
Pulsar vs Westinghouse
If you compare the Pulsar and Westinghouse generators, you'll find that models made by Pulsar typically have twice as much wattage.
Pulsar vs Duromax Generators
When you compare these 2 brands, Duramax gets an upper hand as Duramax offers more wattage for similar sized generators.
Pulsar Generators THD
THD stands for total harmonic distortion. Since Pulsar has a lot of products, the THD of different models vary. The open frame generators made by this company have THD levels of less than 5% whereas the inverter generators produce THD of less than 3%.
To conclude, it won't be wrong to say that Pulsar generators are good quality generators. They are definitely not the best but when you want value for your money and you are after reliable power, Pulsar generators is the way to go. You can rely on these to get the job done.