Westinghouse Generators is a subsidiary of Westinghouse Electric Company - a business that has been active since 1886. When a brand has survived and thrived in a competitive environment for such a long time, you have no reason to not trust them. That's why millions of people across the country prefer Westinghouse portable generators over competitor brands on the market. Westinghouse portable generators are reliable, user-friendly, and built to last a lifetime. All Westinghouse products are designed in the United States. Here is why you need to rely on a Westinghouse portable generator to satisfy your residential or commercial power needs:
- Westinghouse portable generators deliver progressively more power and better technology
- The company has over 150 years of experience in the power generation industry in the United States
- The engine research and development and manufacturing is done in the US
- Westinghouse generators are designed keeping ergonomics in mind
- The company provides great customer service
There are many portable generators manufactured by Westinghouse. You should choose the right product depending on your needs and budget. Your research is important when choosing the right Westinghouse portable generator on the market. This article reviews some of the best portable generators manufactured by Westinghouse.
Westinghouse Generator Reviews
1. Westinghouse WGen5500
This is one of the most popular portable generators manufactured by Westinghouse. The WGen5500 is an open frame generator with a wattage rating of 5500 W. This portable generator has a starting wattage of 6850 W. This portable generator is ideal for:
- People who occasionally participate in outdoor events, festivals, and fairs
- RV travelers
- Professionals who want to make sure a power failure won't disrupt their work
- Food truck owners who want to continue business even when there is a power failure
- Homeowners who want to power electrical appliances such as a fridge, heating & lighting equipment, and cooking equipment when there is a power failure
The generator has a 420 cc (13 hp) Westinghouse 4-stroke OHV engine that operates on gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 5500 W as well as a peak wattage of 6850 W. The unit has a traditional pull-start mechanism and rated for a noise of 72 dBA - which is quite silent compared to other portable generators on the market. The engine will operate for 20 hours with a full tank of gasoline. The fuel consumption is around 0.33 GPH with a fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons. But the unit has a high THD level (around 23%) and isn't suitable to power highly sensitive electronic equipment. The control panel has a convenient meter to show the frequency, voltage, and lifetime hours. This is a great feature to monitor the status and activity of the generator. Make sure you invest in this quality portable generator right now.
2. Westinghouse WGen3600V
This is another great portable generator from Westinghouse. It has an open frame and is rated at 3600 W including a starting wattage of 4650 W. This compact portable generator is ideal for:
- RV travelers
- Homeowners who want to power some of the most essential electrical devices in their homes during a power failure
- People who are occasionally participating in outdoor events, fairs, and festivals
The WGen3600V has a 212 cc (5.9 hp) Westinghouse 4-stroke OHV engine that operates on gasoline. The engine will deliver a running wattage of 3600 W and a peak wattage of 4650 W. The noise rating of this generator is around 69 dBA - which is much less noisy than an average office. You can start the machine with a simple pull-start mechanism. The fuel capacity is around 4 gallons and the unit will operate up to 18 hours with a full tank of gasoline. The fuel consumption of the engine is around 0.22 GPH. Since the THD level is around 23%, the unit is not the best generator to operate sensitive electronic equipment. The dimensions of the generator are L23.5 x W17.5 x H18.7 inches. The open-frame design provides stability and raises the generator above ground level. The weight of the unit is around 99 pounds. It can easily follow you and your power needs anywhere. You can easily grab the unit due to its open-frame design. The built-in fuel gauge is ideal for a quick and easy assessment of its gas level. Make sure you invest in this generator without delay.
The Westinghouse IPro4200 is an open-frame, compact, inverter generator that comes with a wattage rating of 3500 W and a starting wattage of 4200 W. The IPro4200 portable generator is ideal for:
- RV travelers
- Professionals who need to safely power high-intensity lighting equipment
- Homeowners who need to power fridges, cooking equipment, lighting equipment, and other important heating equipment during a power failure
- Occasional participants of outdoor fairs, events, and festivals
- Camping enthusiasts who need power wherever they travel
The IPro4200 is powered by a 212 cc (5.8 hp) Westinghouse 4-stroke OHV engine that operates on gasoline and has an output of 120V. The engine provides a running wattage of 3500 W and a peak wattage of 4200 W. The generator comes with a noise rating of 62 dBA - which is slightly more noisy than a normal conversation. The inverter portable generator can be conveniently started by a traditional pull-start mechanism. The fuel capacity of the generator is 2.6 gallons. It can run up to 18 hours at a stretch with a full tank of gasoline. The fuel consumption is around 0.14 GPH. You can safely plug in your delicate electronic equipment into this generator because it comes with a 3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD). The full GFCI control panel has 6 AC outlets. The generator has a dimension of L24 x W19.5 x H19 inches and a weight of around 82 pounds. The control center has a convenient meter showing you the frequency, voltage, and lifetime hours. It also has an overload protection circuit breaker as well as an automatic low oil shut-off feature.
The aforementioned article reviews 3 of the best Westinghouse portable generators on the market today.